- Applicants must fully own an eligible drayage truck that has been servicing Port NOLA cargo terminals consistently for the previous 12 months to be eligible for replacement. Proof of service will be required in the form of gate tickets or dispatch manifests.
- The existing vehicle must be fully operational, able to start, move in all directions and currently in use as an operational drayage truck.
- The vehicle owner must have owned and operated the drayage truck over the previous24 months prior to replacement.
- The existing drayage truck must have at least three (3) years of remaining life at the time of the upgrade.
- Independent owner-operator contractors and fleet owners may apply.
- A maximum of two Clean TRIP replacements per company/owner are allowed. If you have replaced two trucks previously through a separate funding round of Clean TRIP, you may replace one additional drayage truck through this round. If a fleet has previously replaced one truck under a previous Clean TRIP grant, two additional trucks may be eligible for replacement under this program.
- Upon acceptance to Clean TRIP and replacement purchase approval, old drayage truck must be scrapped only when advised to do so by program staff prior to new truck purchase.
- Newly purchased trucks must remain in service at Port of New Orleans facilities for at least 12 months following the replacement purchase. Continued service will be verified in the form of gate tickets or dispatch manifests by Clean TRIP staff 12 months after the truck replacement.
What old trucks can be replaced?
- Per EPA requirements, the current truck must be a Class 8 vehicle with a GVWR of 33,000 pounds or more with a 2009 engine model year or older, to be eligible for a Clean TRIP replacement.
- Truck must have been owned for at least two years and currently free of any liens, verified by title.
- Truck must be fully functional, drivable and in use until date of replacement, and have at least three years of useful remaining life at the time of upgrade.
- Any payments received from scrappage must be used by the driver toward the purchase of the new truck. See “Clean TRIP Scrappage Guide” for more information about scrap requirements.
What trucks can be purchased?
- New trucks must have a 2014 or newer engine model year, typically a 2015 or newer truck model year.