- A maximum of two replacements per company owner will be allowed.
- Trucks that are registered in another state but serve the Port of New Orleans are still eligible.
- Trucks must have been servicing the Port NOLA terminals consistently for the previous 12 months to be eligible for the program. Proof will be required in the form of gate receipts or dispatch records.
- A complete application and copies of documentation must be submitted with the application verifying the make, model, and year of your current truck by the due date. This includes copies of the following:
- TWIC card for the driver of the truck
- Truck title,
- Up-to-date registration,
- Proof of insurance, and
- Photographs of the truck submitted for replacement.
- Applicants must be in relatively good financial standing and be able to secure financing for the remaining balance of the truck if accepted into Clean TRIP.
What old trucks can be replaced?
- Eligible applicants must have owned their current truck for at least one year, according to the date on the title.
- Per EPA requirements, current trucks must have engines model years 1995-2006 to be eligible for the Clean TRIP replacement.
- Eligible trucks must be operational and currently used to transport cargo to/from the Port of New Orleans for at least one year.
- Only scrap current truck when advised to do so by program staff.
What trucks can be purchased?
- Only trucks with 2012 model year engines or newer are eligible for purchase with this program.